Retail Industry Fundamentals gives your students an overview of multiple career options within the retail industry and direct access to retailers once they earn the certificate. Students gain workplace readiness and customer service skills that are transferable within any industry.
- Deliver this course online in just 5 hours or 9 hours in the classroom.
- Learning objectives include understanding the retail cycle, learning customer service, sales and operations basics, developing simple math skills, being professional, and exploring careers.
Learners who earn this certificate will develop basic customer service skills, math skills to conduct sales transactions and an understanding of the retail industry, its impact on the economy and the diverse jobs available. Best practices for interviewing and exploring career paths are also covered.
This course is perfect for someone looking for a first job and/or developing workplace readiness skills.
- Overview of Retail: Understanding the industry, the retail product cycle
- Customer Service and Sales: Customer service skills, sales basics
- Retail Operations: Operations basics, loss prevention, workplace safety, calculating profit margin
- Workplace Readiness: Being professional, navigating a job search, effective interviewing
View the table of contents for Retail Industry Fundamentals here.
Preview a same section of the Retail Industry Fundamentals training here.