The National Retail Federation currently partners with more than 90 university members and more than 6,500 students!
In an effort to develop retail’s future talent, NRF membership provides resources, tools and experiences to support and promote education, research and careers within the retail industry.
See what NRF University Membership means to our collegiate community:
University Membership benefits
For an annual fee of $1,000, membership benefits include networking opportunities for educators to build professional relationships, eligibility for student scholarships and special events to educate students on the retail industry and highlight retail’s diverse careers.
To be eligible for University Membership with NRF, your institution must be an accredited public or private college, university or online learning institution that offers degree programs at the bachelor level or higher. Accredited public or private colleges, universities or online learning institutions that offer degree programs at the bachelor level or higher are solely eligible for membership at the NRF University Member level. University membership is limited to colleges and universities within the United States. View the list of current NRF University Members.
These benefits include:
NRF Foundation Programs & Scholarships
- One free educator pass to Retail's Big Show.
- Unlimited membership in the NRF Student Association for any currently-enrolled student at your institution.
- Ability to nominate a student to be the NRF Student Ambassador for your school, a unique leadership experience that awards a $1,000 tuition award for students that participate.
- Student eligibility for NRF Foundation’s Next Generation Scholarship which awards a $1,000 tuition award to 25 students each year, and up to a $25,000 scholarship for one top recipient ($10,000 scholarship for four other recipients).
- Ability for students to participate in the NRF Foundation’s Student Challenge, a business case-competition designed for students to display their business acumen to retail executives, that awards nearly $50,000 in scholarships and travel stipends to winning teams.
- Exclusive, free materials and content that highlight the career opportunities available with the retail industry to supplement curricula and support classroom learning.
- University-wide membership with the NRF and NRF Foundation, which includes access to members-only research and webinars.
- NRF On Demand – this free member benefit provides you with a digital platform hosting over 100 videos spanning 75+ hours of retail content from NRF’s industry-leading events
- NRF Research – NRF produces research throughout the year responding to trends, consumer sentiment and economic forces. Select research is exclusive to members.
- NRF Retail Resources & Tools – Find tools, resources and examples that retailers utilize regularly to ensure the continued success of their businesses
- Ability to receive up to 15 free Business of Retail Operations & Profit credentials for students, and one additional credential for a faculty member. Each credential includes an online-only curriculum and an exam.
- The Business of Retail credential helps learners understand the positive impact that retail has on the global economy. Using an engaging curriculum with realistic business scenarios, your students will learn about marketing, merchandising, loss prevention, workplace safety and calculating profit.
Standing out among the crowd
University Members receive an online directory listing with links to their school’s website, program description and logo. The NRF Foundation also uses its communication outlets to promote member schools, enhancing visibility to retailers and prospective students, potentially increasing the quantity and quality of student applicant pools.