What resources does the NRF Foundation provide for remote learning and how are you responding to questions regarding the impact of COVID-19?
As you reorganize from traditional classroom courses, we can help you transition to remote delivery. All RISE Up materials continue to be available online. You can find more information about our COVID-19 response and remote learning options here. We’ll continue to update this document, so please check back regularly. We welcome your questions and thoughts anytime at RISEUp@nrf.com.
How do I get started using the RISE Up credentials?
The first step in using the RISE Up credentials is registering as a Training Partner. Click Here to register with Penn Foster, the form is simple and takes just a few minutes to complete. The approval process takes about one business day, you will receive an email with your username and instructions on how to log in. Once you have created your account you can Click Here to login using your username and the password you created.
How do I navigate the Penn Foster portal?
Penn Foster has provided a variety of resources to help partners navigate every aspect of the portal. Please check on the resources tab for everything to get started using the portal and the RISE Up credentials. You can also find a list of available resources below:
- Penn Foster Quick Start Guide – A quick guide on how to get started in the Penn Foster portal.
- Adding Trainer and Proctors Guide – Use this guide to learn how to add your Trainers and Proctors to your Penn Foster account.
- Proctor FAQS – A helpful FAQ about proctoring on the Penn Foster portal.
- Proctor Exam Rules – A list of all the rules to follow when proctoring a RISE Up credential.
- Add Locations Guide – Learn how to add your test site locations to your Penn Foster account.
- Admissions Guide – Follow these step by step instructions on how to add and enroll your students in Penn Foster.
- Manage License Guide – Learn how to manage your purchased licenses in the Penn Foster portal.
- Learner Tile Guide – Use tile to see information about your students.
- Learner Pass/Fail Guide – See the status of your learners’ exams.
- Reporting Guide – A guide on how to view and use the reporting functions in Penn Foster.
- Bulk Lead Upload – A guide to uploading 25 or more learners at one time.
Where can I find general information about the RISE Up program?
The RISE Up team has created a handbook that covers in depth information about each of the credentials and the processes surrounding using them. Please view the Credential Handbook to see all of that information.
What do each of the three RISE Up credentials cover?
You can find an overview of the RISE Up program and our credentials here. For more detailed information about each credential take a look at our learning concepts and exam blueprints for Retail Industry Fundamentals, Customer Service & Sales and Business of Retail: Operations & Profit.
What do these credentials provide to my students?
Having an industry recognized credential builds confidence, provides essential skills and can set a learner apart during interviews. The RISE Up credentials help learners understand and explore all that retail jobs offer. Retail has moved beyond the store and our credentials help prepare learners for the ever-changing retail environment. We have five national retailers that offer interviews for learners who have earned a RISE Up credential. Email RISEUp@nrf.com to get more information.
How do I get procurement related paperwork (i.e. new vendor request form, tax-exempt status form, etc.) completed?
Penn Foster will manage the billing process on behalf of the NRF Foundation- this includes Purchase Orders and invoices. Because of this, Penn Foster will be the “Payee” for all orders. For your records, Penn Foster’s W9 is here. If you have any billing questions or have any procurement related paperwork that needs to be completed (i.e. new vendor form, tax-exempt forms, etc.), please contact the Penn Foster support team at email@example.com or call 800-986-6482.
What options does RISE Up have for students needing special accommodations?
RISE Up is happy to provide special accommodations for students as requested by their trainer. Trainers and fill out our ADA Accommodation Form for student who require specific accommodations on the exams. For those students just needed additional time we have created the Additional Time Request Form now available on the Penn Foster Portal.
How can Trainers and Proctors view their available seat licenses?
Trainers and Proctors now have accessibility to a view only Manage License tab in the Penn Foster Portal. On this tab they will be able to see how many seat licenses have been assigned to the location they are listed under.
What is the RISE Up return policy?
We are happy to assist with returns for products that you purchased by mistake or will not use. Please see below out policies for each type of materials. If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.
- Online Courses: Refunds will be accepted for unused online courses for 30 days after purchase.
- Exam Vouchers: Refunds will be accepted for unused exam licenses for 30 days after purchase.
- Textbooks: Customers may return books in original, re-saleable condition for a full refund of product costs, less an $8 return handling fee. Once approved, please return books directly to Omnipress and include a copy of shipping slip in the return shipment. All returns should be completed by 30 days after purchase. NRF Foundation will not refund shipping costs unless there was a discrepancy between what was ordered and what was delivered.
How can I share an inspiring RISE Up story?
We love hearing how people are building extraordinary careers with RISE Up. Share your stories by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tagging us on social (we’re @NRFFoundation on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram).