The NRF Foundation Student Ambassador program provides the opportunity for each NRF University Member to select one student to serve as their campus representative throughout a calendar year. NRF Foundation Student Ambassadors will serve as the liaison between the NRF Foundation and their school. This is an enormous leadership opportunity to grow the NRF Foundation community on each university campus.
NRF Student Ambassadors should be ambitious, resourceful, and highly motivated students capable of leading the NRF Student Association on campus. Advisors must select and submit the selected student via the webform below by Monday, January 27th.
- Foster the development of a group of dedicated retail advocates across college campuses
- Build the presence of and participation in the NRF Student Association (NRFSA) on campus
- Connect the NRF Foundation and its retail partners with top talent
- Boost student participation in NRF Foundation programs, scholarships and events
The Ambassador Program is shifting from a September to April time frame to a January to December time frame to reflect a calendar year with the culmination of the position receiving a travel stipend to attend the NRF Foundation Student Program the following month.
Fall 2019 - Universities selected one student to hold the Ambassador position from September - December 2019. If all requirements were completed, that student received a travel stipend to attend the Student Program in January 2020.
January 27, 2020 - Universities must select either the same or another student to hold the Ambassador position from January 2020 - December 2020 by this date. That student will receive a travel stipend to attend the Student Program in January 2021.
- If the student selected in September 2019 is a sophomore or junior, they will be eligible to remain in their position for the following academic year.
- If that student is a senior graduating in Spring or Fall 2020, they must step down and pass on the position to a different student who will be enrolled full-time through January 2021
December 2020 - Universities will select a new Ambassador for the January – December 2021 calendar year.
Please note: The Student Ambassador position is a year-long commitment. Student Ambassadors will hold the position from January 2020 - December 2020. If all requirements are completed and submitted by the assigned deadline, the Student Ambassador will be eligible to receive a travel stipend to attend the 2021 NRF Foundation Student Program. Ambassadors must still be full-time undergraduate students in January of 2021.
The award structure of the Student Ambassador Program is tiered based on performance. All Student Ambassadors who complete their requirements are guaranteed a minimum of $500 each in travel stipends to attend the Student Program.
The top 10 performing Student Ambassadors will each receive a $1,000 travel stipend to attend the Student Program. All remaining Student Ambassadors will receive a $500 travel stipend and a promo code to cover the registration cost for the Student Program.