The NRF Student Association provides talented students interested in retail careers unique educational and scholarship programs, networking opportunities and access to the latest industry news and research.
All students at NRF member schools are eligible to become NRF Student Association members. Dozens of colleges and universities are already participating. Check to see if your school is a member.
If your college or university is an NRF member:
Sign up for a MyNRF account to activate your NRF Student Association membership. You’ll get exclusive access to retail industry research, educational events, networking opportunities and scholarship programs.
If your college or university is not an NRF member:
You can still sign up for a free MyNRF account, subscribe to public newsletters and download free white papers and resources. Ask your dean or faculty member to look into the benefits of becoming an NRF University Member.
NRF Student Association membership benefits
Through the NRF Student Association, students are able to explore diverse career paths within the retail industry and receive exclusive educational and employment opportunities. Membership benefits include:
- Scholarships – NRF Student Association members are eligible for NRF Foundation scholarships, including the Next Generation Scholarship, Ray Greenly Scholarship, Rising Stars Scholarship and Student Challenge.
- Discounted attendance at the NRF Foundation Student Program– NRF Student Association members can attend the Student Program in New York City at a substantially reduced student member rate. This annual event offers world-class educational sessions with industry leaders, access to top retail CEOs and a networking session with recruiters from major retail companies.
- Networking opportunities – NRF Student Association members can sign up to be part of our exclusive NRF Student Association LinkedIn group, and can attend events with NRF retail members and recruiters.
- Recognition – Be sure to include “National Retail Federation Student Association member” on your resume! Affiliation with the world’s largest retail trade association, the National Retail Federation, gives you a leg up with retail recruiters.
- Industry News – Members get access to news, research and resources designed for people working in the industry. Sign up for newsletters — including NRF's Retail Careers SmartBrief, read the latest retail news, download research and check out industry statistics.