From a virtual career fair to chats with company recruiters and online mentoring experiences, students and educators nationwide joined us for our free spring NRF Foundation All Access programming, taking the opportunity to learn more about how to build extraordinary careers with insights from the people who power retail.
“I’m so pleased that we were able to connect so many students with retailers offering jobs and internships this spring,” NRF Foundation Executive Director Bill Thorne says. “We remain committed to being here to help you launch your career, no matter where you are in the process.”
Akshaya Singhal – a sophomore at Indiana University Bloomington – is among the more than 3,000 who participated in NRF Foundation All Access.
“The virtual career fair was a fantastic opportunity for networking and interacting with so many companies to learn about their career opportunities,” Singhal says.
The fashion design major connected with a variety of retailers this spring, including Sephora.
“The recruiter chat was incredibly informative and helpful in learning about company values, work ethic, internship and job opportunities, what a day in the company looks like and, of course, networking,” Singhal says.
Spring programming also included a one-day summit with Walker’s Legacy, virtual tours of corporate offices and new, on-demand video content. These conversations with retail professionals feature answers to questions sent in by students and offer a convenient way for you to discover more about the exciting retail industry:
- Albertsons Chief Diversity Officer: Commit to diversity and inclusion to be the best
- Macy’s, Inc. HR exec on how to prepare to go to work
- Can you predict consumer behavior? NRF Research shares the clues
- Retail’s response to the pandemic: Keep giving back
- NRF's VP of government relations on how retail and public policy intersect
- Retail leaders on the ‘fine print of risks’ and other lessons learned
- Burlington VP emphasizes data, analysis and value
- How to build and leverage your retail skills
As we work to bring you more resources in the coming months to help you prepare for your career, we encourage you to apply for the more than $100,000 in scholarships we have to award to undergraduates. Learn more about these opportunities to get real-world experience and review the full eligibility requirements here.